- Balance Problems
- Hillsborough Physical Therapist Receives The Lucy Blair Service Award From The American Physical Therapy Association
- Dementia Rate Is Found to Drop Sharply, as Forecast
- You Are as Old as You Feel
- Fit at 102: Ray Clark is proof that it’s never too late to start exercising
- Lifting weights protects against metabolic syndrome, study suggests
- Exercise the body to keep the brain healthy, study suggests
- Study of patients ages 90 and older links poor physical performance, increased odds of dementia
- Exercise may protect against future emotional stress, study shows
- New study shows simple exercise can significantly increase ankle strength and improve balance
- Cancer Rehabilitation featured in Kaiser Health News
Elderfit In Home Rehab
“Even at higher age, when you’re at increased risk of dying, exercise is able to add time to your life,” one expert says.
ElderFit therapists are ready to help you get exercising!!! Call us!!!
ElderFit wants to congratulate Paul Klever, Chuck Fleming and their entire staff on their move to a new location. Charles House – Sunrise is located at 7511 Sunrise Road in Chapel Hill. Members from the ElderFit team who attended the open house included Bonnie Joyner and Craig DeBussey (shown below with Paul Klever). They will begin operation at the new center on August 31.
Those who would like more information on this outstanding adult daycare center can visit their website, www.charleshouse.org
June is Alzheimers and Brain Awareness Month!!
Follow this link to find 10 ways to love your brain!!
Wear Purple on June 21 to Increase Awareness!!
ElderFit In Home Rehab is proud to welcome Rebecca Compson, PT to our group!
Originally from Pittsburgh, PA, Rebecca graduated from Daemen College in Buffalo, NY with a Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy in 1999. She joins Elderfit with over 16 years of clinical experience specializing in rehabilitation for active and medically complex older adults. As an expert in geriatric rehabilitation Rebecca, offers terrific insight and individualized treatment strategies to help her patients achieve their goals. She finds it especially rewarding and effective to help her patients achieve their goals within the comfort of their own home. Away from clinical care, Rebecca enjoys running, Pilates, staying fit and chasing her three young boys.
The therapists at Elderfit are always happy to discuss our services with prospective patients, their family members and referral sources prior to the initial evaluation. We work to ensure a relationship that meets everyone’s needs. Elderfit can also direct clients to additional programs within Orange and Durham counties which help support health and wellness. Contact us today.
Many seniors would benefit from physical therapy services to help them regain and retain their functional independence and state of wellness. For those who do not meet the “homebound” criteria necessary for reimbursement of home care services, receiving skilled physical therapy can be difficult. Lack of transportation or the distractions and fast pace of an out-patient practice may prevent access to high quality, effective services.
Elderfit is a therapy practice developed to focus on the wellness and rehabilitation needs of seniors in Orange, Durham, Eastern Alamance, and Northern Chatam counties. We provide individualized skilled therapy services in your home that are reimbursable under Medicare Part B as long as they meet the necessary criteria.
In Home rehab is available throughout the country – for more information on locations outside North Carolina click here.
Please come visit the therapists of ElderFit In Home Rehab upcoming Health Fairs. We would be happy to tell you about our services and answer any questions!
- Accessibility to services otherwise unavailable to or ineffective for some seniors.
- Convenience, eliminating the need to obtain and wait for transportation.
- A comfortable and private atmosphere for rehabilitation that enhances adherance to personalized programs.
- The opportunity for seniors to improve their health and well-being.
- Experienced, caring staff who are dedicated to helping seniors regain their mobility and independence.